Hope for the Lonely Small Group Discussion Guide
Week One Episode 2
Starting the Conversation
(Everyone is invited to share their answers with the group.)
Before we get started, what are your initial thoughts about the topic of loneliness? And, what do you hope to gain from our Hope for the Lonely small group meetings?
Take one-to-two minutes of silence to let go of any cares, concerns, etc.
Listen to Episode 2 of Hope for the Lonely (11 min 22 sec)
1. Have you ever talked about loneliness with anyone?
2. Did any of the definitions of loneliness from this episode catch your attention? How do you define loneliness?
3. In this episode, Charlotte talks a bit about the loneliness of motherhood. What seasons have seemed lonelier to you?
4. When you have struggled with loneliness, what has given you hope?
5. What additional thoughts or observations would you like to share?
Read Psalm 13 together.
Lord, when we feel forgotten or alone, comfort us. When we wrestle with our worries, give us peace. Enable us to trust you, to receive your love, and to rest in your grace. Amen.
Share prayer requests and pray together.
For four more Hope for the Lonely Small Group Discussion Guides on Faith, Doubt, & Loneliness; When Christians Struggle with Loneliness; Loneliness and Singleness; and Loneliness and Marriage, subscribe to my email newsletter below. All newsletter subscribers receive all five discussion guides that include everything leaders needs to facilitate the meetings. Easy peasy.