We're more connected now than ever before, but we still struggle with loneliness and isolation. Stories enliven us and unite us in meaningful ways.
* Subscribe to the Story Cures email newsletter below and receive 99 Days of Creativity Boosters.
*Read some of Charlotte's essays here.
*Check out Charlotte's Journal for content on reading, writing, and creativity.
*Read Charlotte's Days of Being micro-memoir series.
*Contact Charlotte for more information about her customized, individual writing instruction.
Of the books I read this summer, here are five of my favorites:
1. The day my kids went back to school and I sat in our quiet living room and drank coffee and sat some more and did a whole lot of work for my job and I received a rejection for a book proposal for a book of micro-memoirs and I wasn't very sad about my work being rejected but I was sad about feeling like there's no place for me in the Church because I am an oddball Christian who doesn't fit very well in boxes and I know other people feel this way too and somehow we should figure out a way to find each other.
What if to love and be loved is not enough?
What if I fall and can't bear to get up?
1. The day I spent a chunk of time with Mark Jarman's Unholy Sonnet 42 and realized I love the idea of not facing the world but still entering it and I also love the idea of undoing steps while also gaining ground.
1. My embroidered Irish Blessing.
2. A couple of day trips to the beach/my happy place.
3. Finding the perfect gray paint for all of the interior walls in our condo.
1. writing book(s)
I want to write at least one book in 2018.
1. The day I realized the second week of December had won and I had to back out of a few things and I had to take extra meds and I had to get extra sleep.
1. The day Tim turned damn near 50 and we celebrated with a yummy dinner at a great restaurant and we all got along with each other--mostly--and I'm so thankful Tim was born.
I wrote about a new Frederick Buechner book for the Church Street Coffee and Books website.
Here are 9 Creativity Boosters from my larger list of 99 Creativity Boosters. Sign up for my email newsletter that includes content on writing, reading, and creativity to receive all 99 Creativity Boosters!
I had to research the effectiveness of blogging for my ad agency job so now I'm blogging again. I made an editorial… https://t.co/ITGlexFGwR